Kupwara doctor facing similar charge in J&K
Srinagar (JK): The gynaecologist, who was arrested two days ago on charges of murdering a new-born baby, is also facing trial in a similar case in Baramulla district.
Dr Shan-i-Alam of sub district hospital Kupwara and part time sweepers Naseema and Nazir Ahmad Mochi were arrested on Wednesday after an investigation pointed to their involvement in the killing of a baby, whose body was fished out from a stream on October 10.
In 2009, the doctor was charged under various sections including section 304 RPC (causing death by negligence) of a baby delivered under his supervision to an unwed mother.
According to the charge sheet filed in a trial court, the doctor had dumped the child near a stream in Tangmarg area, where he was running a private clinic, causing death of the infant. Two persons, who had assisted the doctor in the crime three years ago, are also facing trial.
The health department has also initiated a departmental inquiry to probe the activities of the doctor and the other two employees of the hospital who were arrested by police in the latest case, sources in the department said.
Deputy Chief Medical Officer of the Kupwara will conduct the inquiry against the doctor and submit a report to Chief Medical Officer Abdul Majid within one week, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert