Ladakh floods: Project worth Rs 258.06 cr submitted to Centre
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday
said that a detailed project report of over Rs 250 crore has
been submitted to the Centre for rehabilitation and
restoration works in flood-affected Ladakh region.
"A detailed project report of Rs 258.06 crore have
been submitted to the Centre for compensating the masses and ensuring permanent restoration of public utility in flood-
affected districts, including Leh and Kargil," State minister
for Revenue and Rehabilitation, Raman Bhalla today told
A special package of Rs 125 crore was announced by
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for rescue and relief works in the Ladakh region only, he said.
Until now an amount of Rs 16.53 crore has been spent
by deputy commissioners of Leh and Kargil for providing
ex-gratia assistance to the next of kin of deceased and the
injured, he said.
The minister said the government has released Rs 27.8
crore for restoration of public utilities in Leh district and
so far an amount of Rs 15.50 crore have been spent for the
purpose under various sectors there.
The Srinagar administration has not projected the
demand for restoration of public utilities in Hazratbal
constituency affected due to torrential rains under state
disaster response fund norms, he said.
Incessant spells of rainfall, flash floods and cloud
bursts have resulted in heavy damages to both lives and
properties, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in