Ladakhis call for lifting innerline permit for tourists
Jammu: People of Ladakh region have asked Chief Minister Omar Abdullah to intervene and lift innerline permit for construction workers and tourists and open up a restricted tourist site in their area.
A deputation of people from Nobra and Turtuk regions of Ladakh, led by MLA, Nobra, Tsetan Namgyal, called on Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and demanded lifting of innerline permit for labourers and tourists.
They also asked for opening up of Yarma-Gonbo `Panamic area` for tourists and permitting tourists to visit Tyakshi- Pachathng and Thang area beyond Turtuk village in Ladakh.
The deputation asked for construction of tunnel at Khardung La and requested the Chief Minister to take up the issue with the Centre and BRO Chief.
The MLA also requested Omar to intervene at the central level for lifting of innerline permit for labourers and tourists in these areas.
He called for immediate restoration of consumer petrol pump at Diskit.
The deputation demanded opening up of cross-LOC route between Turtuk to Khapulu, in PoK, and requested the Chief Minister for taking up the issue with the Centre.
It also requested for block status to Turtuk and allotment of special border area development fund to upgrade development activities in Turtuk area.
The deputation demanded upgradation of PHC Turtuk to the status of Community Health Centre. It demanded special recruitment drive for unemployed youth, particularly in Army, paramilitary and police forces.
The deputation also sought Actual Line of Control Certificates for various villages falling within five kms area from Actual Line of Control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Rain plays havoc in Mumbai; heavy showers predicted for another week
- Anil Kumble dismisses having conflict of interest in becoming coach
- Air India to fly unconfirmed first AC passengers of Rajdhani
- Vijay Mallya to be declared PO if he doesn't turn up by July 27
- 7th CPC: Who else is going to benefit from central govt employees' pay hike?