Ladakhis call for lifting innerline permit for tourists
Jammu: People of Ladakh region have asked Chief Minister Omar Abdullah to intervene and lift innerline permit for construction workers and tourists and open up a restricted tourist site in their area.
A deputation of people from Nobra and Turtuk regions of Ladakh, led by MLA, Nobra, Tsetan Namgyal, called on Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and demanded lifting of innerline permit for labourers and tourists.
They also asked for opening up of Yarma-Gonbo `Panamic area` for tourists and permitting tourists to visit Tyakshi- Pachathng and Thang area beyond Turtuk village in Ladakh.
The deputation asked for construction of tunnel at Khardung La and requested the Chief Minister to take up the issue with the Centre and BRO Chief.
The MLA also requested Omar to intervene at the central level for lifting of innerline permit for labourers and tourists in these areas.
He called for immediate restoration of consumer petrol pump at Diskit.
The deputation demanded opening up of cross-LOC route between Turtuk to Khapulu, in PoK, and requested the Chief Minister for taking up the issue with the Centre.
It also requested for block status to Turtuk and allotment of special border area development fund to upgrade development activities in Turtuk area.
The deputation demanded upgradation of PHC Turtuk to the status of Community Health Centre. It demanded special recruitment drive for unemployed youth, particularly in Army, paramilitary and police forces.
The deputation also sought Actual Line of Control Certificates for various villages falling within five kms area from Actual Line of Control.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Punjab woman 'gangraped first, killed, and then thrown from roof'
- IPL 2016: Mumbai Indians sign Jerome Taylor as injured Lasith Malinga's replacement
- AugustaWestland chopper deal: It's political conspiracy to cover up criminal negligence in pursuing CBI inquiry, says AK Antony
- Tiger Shroff regrets making housewife comment?
- Britain would be less well off after Brexit: OECD