Land identified for central varsity in Ganderbal
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Government has
identified land for setting up of a central university in the
home constituency of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in Ganderbal
Omar inspected the land for the university during his
visit to Ganderbal and directed the Deputy Commissioner to
restrict acquiring of proprietary land for the purpose to
minimum possible extent, an official spokesman said today.
The Chief Minister also inspected various ongoing
developmental works including mini secretariat for Ganderbal
district, which was carved out of Srinagar recently. The new
secretariat will be completed by July at a cost of about Rs 22
crore, the spokesman said.
The Chief Minister directed J&K Police Housing
Corporation (JKPCC), the executing agency, to ensure quality
and standard of work and complete it within scheduled time.
Omar also inspected the Gund Rosham Narian Bridge, coming
up at a cost of Rs 8.41 crore, of which Rs 8 crore have been
incurred so far. The bridge will connect Palapora, Saidapora
and Cement bridge. He also took stock of the work of Shadipora
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?