Land identified for central varsity in Ganderbal
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Government has
identified land for setting up of a central university in the
home constituency of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in Ganderbal
Omar inspected the land for the university during his
visit to Ganderbal and directed the Deputy Commissioner to
restrict acquiring of proprietary land for the purpose to
minimum possible extent, an official spokesman said today.
The Chief Minister also inspected various ongoing
developmental works including mini secretariat for Ganderbal
district, which was carved out of Srinagar recently. The new
secretariat will be completed by July at a cost of about Rs 22
crore, the spokesman said.
The Chief Minister directed J&K Police Housing
Corporation (JKPCC), the executing agency, to ensure quality
and standard of work and complete it within scheduled time.
Omar also inspected the Gund Rosham Narian Bridge, coming
up at a cost of Rs 8.41 crore, of which Rs 8 crore have been
incurred so far. The bridge will connect Palapora, Saidapora
and Cement bridge. He also took stock of the work of Shadipora
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack