Landmine recovered, defused in Samba
Jammu: A land mine was recovered and later defused by the security forces in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said on Wednesday.
On the information of a farmer Balak Ram, the mine was found in his agriculture fields in Beingallar border area in the district last evening by troops of 126 Battalion of BSF, they said.
It was later defused safely, they said, adding a tragedy was averted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed