Landmines recovered in Kupwara district
Srinagar: Police on Friday recovered three
landmines which were found dumped in an empty water tank by
militants at Jammu and Kashmir`s Kupwara district.
"The three rusted mines were found in an empty water tank
at Trich Chek-i-Natnusa village in Kupwara (100 km from here).
The explosives were dumped by militants for using them in
subversive activities," a police spokesman said.
Bomb disposal squad later disposed the landmines safely,
he said, adding that sleuths have started investigations in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!