Landslide blocks Doda-Bhaderwah road; 200 vehicles stranded
Bhaderwah (J&K): Bhaderwah valley was cut off from the rest of the state due to a major landslide in Chakrana on Friday, blocking the Doda-Bhaderwah road and leaving hundreds of vehicles stranded.
The landslide was triggered after rains in the area, around 18 kms from the district headquarter of Doda, at about 1 PM, officials said.
Over 200 vehicles were stranded on both sides of the road due to the incident.
District authorities have started clearing the blocked stretch, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it