Landslides block J&K Highway
Jammu: Landslides triggered by heavy rains led to the closure of the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway for four hours this morning.
The highway was closed due to landslides at Seri and Ramban areas in the district, Superintendent of Police, Ramban Anil Magotra said.
Hundreds of vehicles were stranded on the 300-km-long highway, the only road linking Kashmir Valley with the rest of the country, due the closure.
Personnel of the Border Roads Organisation cleared the landslides and the highway was reopened for traffic after four hours, Magotra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional