Landslides block J&K Highway
Jammu: Landslides triggered by heavy rains led to the closure of the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway for four hours this morning.
The highway was closed due to landslides at Seri and Ramban areas in the district, Superintendent of Police, Ramban Anil Magotra said.
Hundreds of vehicles were stranded on the 300-km-long highway, the only road linking Kashmir Valley with the rest of the country, due the closure.
Personnel of the Border Roads Organisation cleared the landslides and the highway was reopened for traffic after four hours, Magotra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof