Landslides block J&K Highway
Jammu: Landslides triggered by heavy rains led to the closure of the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway for four hours this morning.
The highway was closed due to landslides at Seri and Ramban areas in the district, Superintendent of Police, Ramban Anil Magotra said.
Hundreds of vehicles were stranded on the 300-km-long highway, the only road linking Kashmir Valley with the rest of the country, due the closure.
Personnel of the Border Roads Organisation cleared the landslides and the highway was reopened for traffic after four hours, Magotra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'