Landslides block J&K Highway
Jammu: Landslides triggered by heavy rains led to the closure of the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway for four hours this morning.
The highway was closed due to landslides at Seri and Ramban areas in the district, Superintendent of Police, Ramban Anil Magotra said.
Hundreds of vehicles were stranded on the 300-km-long highway, the only road linking Kashmir Valley with the rest of the country, due the closure.
Personnel of the Border Roads Organisation cleared the landslides and the highway was reopened for traffic after four hours, Magotra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?