Lashkar looking for new recruits in Kishtwar: Army
Jammu: After busting a Lashkar-e-Toiba
hideout in the district on Saturday, the Army has claimed that the
militant outfit is looking for new recruits in Kishtwar
district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"In recent times, District Commander of LeT Habib
Gujjar alias Salman has been attempting to recruit new cadres
from Keshwan, Chas & Chatru areas of Kishtwar district,"
spokesman for 16 Corps Colonel R Arora said here.
The recruitment is to make up for the dwindling
strength of militants, he said adding that the Army busted the
group`s hideout in Bhalna area of Keshwan, Kishtwar today.
Salman escaped during an encounter on May 25 in Doda
district, in which one LeT militant was killed and a female
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO