Lashkar module busted in Poonch
Jammu: Four members of a Lashkar-e-Toiba module have been arrested in Jammu and Kashmir`s border district of Poonch and ammunition and Pakistani SIM cards seized from them, police said Sunday, terming it a "big success".
Poonch Senior Superintendent of Police Shamsher Singh told IANS over the phone that the four, arrested on a tip-off, were active in providing logistics support to Lashkar militants in the district.
He said that they were also closely associated with Lashkar militant Abrar who was killed a few weeks ago.
The officer said that the local police was closely monitoring developments and was able to track all of them.
First to be arrested was Nissar Ahmad and on his information, the arrest of the three others followed.
Inspector General of Police (Jammu zone) Dilbag Singh told reporters in Jammu that the arrests were a "big success".
With the busting of the module, it would be very difficult for the militants to operate in the area, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?