Law Commission to be set up in J&K this year
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government is going to establish a Law Commission in the state to help the government to make new laws and also set up 18 Fast Track Courts by this year.
Winding up the discussion on the demand of Grants of Departments of Law, Justice & Parliamentary Affairs in the Legislative Assembly Wednesday, Minister for Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Mir Saifullah today said the government is going to establish a Law Commission in the state this year to help the Government to make new laws.
The members of the Commission would take suggestions from people and submit their recommendations to government, he said.
He further said that the government is considering establishing 18 Fast Track Courts to clear the pendency of cases and provide speedy justice to the needy.
Of which eight of the rank of District and Sessions Judges and 10 Fast Track Courts of the rank of Civil Judges (Senior Division), he said.
The Minister said the government is implementing State Litigation Policy in letter and spirit for helping general public in getting speedy justice and timely disposal of their cases.
He said the performance of government advocates, public prosecutors and Standing Counsels will be reviewed periodically through this policy.
The minister said the J&K High Court has fixed time period for disposal of old cases in civil as well as criminal matters adding that action has already been initiated in this regards. He said day to day monitoring is also being held in criminal case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends