Law Commission to be set up in J&K this year
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government is going to establish a Law Commission in the state to help the government to make new laws and also set up 18 Fast Track Courts by this year.
Winding up the discussion on the demand of Grants of Departments of Law, Justice & Parliamentary Affairs in the Legislative Assembly Wednesday, Minister for Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Mir Saifullah today said the government is going to establish a Law Commission in the state this year to help the Government to make new laws.
The members of the Commission would take suggestions from people and submit their recommendations to government, he said.
He further said that the government is considering establishing 18 Fast Track Courts to clear the pendency of cases and provide speedy justice to the needy.
Of which eight of the rank of District and Sessions Judges and 10 Fast Track Courts of the rank of Civil Judges (Senior Division), he said.
The Minister said the government is implementing State Litigation Policy in letter and spirit for helping general public in getting speedy justice and timely disposal of their cases.
He said the performance of government advocates, public prosecutors and Standing Counsels will be reviewed periodically through this policy.
The minister said the J&K High Court has fixed time period for disposal of old cases in civil as well as criminal matters adding that action has already been initiated in this regards. He said day to day monitoring is also being held in criminal case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them