Law Commission to be set up in J&K this year
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government is going to establish a Law Commission in the state to help the government to make new laws and also set up 18 Fast Track Courts by this year.
Winding up the discussion on the demand of Grants of Departments of Law, Justice & Parliamentary Affairs in the Legislative Assembly Wednesday, Minister for Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Mir Saifullah today said the government is going to establish a Law Commission in the state this year to help the Government to make new laws.
The members of the Commission would take suggestions from people and submit their recommendations to government, he said.
He further said that the government is considering establishing 18 Fast Track Courts to clear the pendency of cases and provide speedy justice to the needy.
Of which eight of the rank of District and Sessions Judges and 10 Fast Track Courts of the rank of Civil Judges (Senior Division), he said.
The Minister said the government is implementing State Litigation Policy in letter and spirit for helping general public in getting speedy justice and timely disposal of their cases.
He said the performance of government advocates, public prosecutors and Standing Counsels will be reviewed periodically through this policy.
The minister said the J&K High Court has fixed time period for disposal of old cases in civil as well as criminal matters adding that action has already been initiated in this regards. He said day to day monitoring is also being held in criminal case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read