Lawyers strike work in Jammu
Jammu: Lawyers boycotted courts in Jammu
for the second consecutive day on Monday to protest transfer of
land registration work from judiciary to Revenue department.
The call for the two-day strike, which began yesterday,
was given by the Jammu Bar Association.
Lawyers, both of the High Court and lower courts, struck
work protesting transfer of land registration work from the
judiciary to the Revenue department.
They were also protesting against the diversion of quota
for lawyers in the direct recruitment to higher judicial
services, the Jammu Bar Association said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries