Legislator slaps J&K Assembly marshal
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir legislative Assembly on Wednesday witnessed an ugly scene when an opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) legislator slapped a marshal of the house.
PDP legislators raised a hue and cry in the assembly Wednesday alleging that the state government was trying to protect the sexual assault accused former minister against whom a First Information Report (FIR) has been lodged in Srinagar.
The PDP legislators also alleged that the investigating officer of the case against the former minister has been changed by the authorities to ensure that the investigations could be interfered with to suit the accused.
Speaker Mubarak Gul ordered the assembly marshals to remove shouting PDP legislator Syed Bashir Ahmad, who represents the south Kashmir Rajpoora constituency.
While the marshals were removing the legislator, he slapped one of the marshals, creating an ugly scene in the house.
The PDP legislators also raised the issue of non-availability of rations at a camp of Kashmiri Pandit migrants in the city.
Opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) raised the issue of permanent settlement of refugees who have come to Jammu from Pakistan during the India-Pakistan wars of 1947 and 1965.
Later, both the PDP and the BJP members walked out of the assembly, shouting slogans against the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter