Leh: `135 Americans affected by flash floods`
Washington: About 135 US nationals have been affected by the flash floods in Leh in Jammu and Kashmir, but no deaths have been reported so far in the disaster which
struck the Ladakh region last Friday, the Obama Administration has said.
"I think we`re aware right now of about 135 US citizens affected by the floods. We have no reports of deaths or injuries," State Department spokesman PJ Crowley said.
"As of yesterday, I think there were still a handful of American citizens that we had not yet had contact with, so I would assume at this point that we have not accounted for
everybody, but at this point we`re not aware of anybody that has been killed or injured," Crowley said.
He had yesterday said that about 100 US nationals have been affected by the flash floods in Leh.
Four more bodies were yesterday pulled out from under the mud and slush in Leh, taking the toll to 170 as relief and rescue operations went on for the sixth day in the affected
- Nepal President to announce Oli government's policies on May 7
- Uttarakhand fire: TMC gives adjournment notice in LS
- S Korea warns of citizens' potential abduction by North
- Karan Johar’s Dharma production hints at first ever love franchise
- India's manufacturing sector growth falls to 4-month low in April