Leh: `135 Americans affected by flash floods`
Washington: About 135 US nationals have been affected by the flash floods in Leh in Jammu and Kashmir, but no deaths have been reported so far in the disaster which
struck the Ladakh region last Friday, the Obama Administration has said.
"I think we`re aware right now of about 135 US citizens affected by the floods. We have no reports of deaths or injuries," State Department spokesman PJ Crowley said.
"As of yesterday, I think there were still a handful of American citizens that we had not yet had contact with, so I would assume at this point that we have not accounted for
everybody, but at this point we`re not aware of anybody that has been killed or injured," Crowley said.
He had yesterday said that about 100 US nationals have been affected by the flash floods in Leh.
Four more bodies were yesterday pulled out from under the mud and slush in Leh, taking the toll to 170 as relief and rescue operations went on for the sixth day in the affected
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan for higher public spending to prevent Hepatitis B
- First batch of Haj pilgrims from J&K to leave on August 10
- White dwarf found lashing red dwarf in space
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?