Leh freezes at minus 17
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir`s Leh town on Saturday literally froze with minimum temperature dipping to minus 17 degrees Celsius.
The Met Office has forecast a further dip in the night temperatures across the Ladakh region and Kashmir Valley.
"The minimum temperature dipped to minus 17 degrees Celsius today (Saturday) in Leh. It was minus 14.4 degrees Celsius in Kargil town, minus 8 degrees Celsius in Pahalgam and minus 3.4 degrees Celsius in Srinagar," an official of the meteorological department said.
"As the weather is likely to remain dry across the valley for the next few days, we are expecting a further fall in the night temperatures," said the official.
Kashmir has been reeling under cold waves since Chillai Kalan, the coldest 40-day period, commenced here on Friday.
Although weather has remained dry in the last two days, morning frost has started affecting normal life in the valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'