Leh records coldest night at minus 11.4 C
Srinagar: Kashmir division experienced the
coldest night of the season as mercury dipped to minus 11.4
degree Celsius in the remote Leh district, even as temperatures across
the Valley remained several degrees below freezing point.
Leh town in the remote Ladakh region recorded a freezing
minus 11.4 deg C last night, while the adjoining Kargil town
recorded minus 6.2 degrees, a MeT official said.
Srinagar city recorded a minimum of minus 1.9 degrees
Celsius, the official said.
He said the night temperature in the South Kashmir tourist
resort of Pahalgam was minus 5.1 deg C, while the skiing
resort of Gulmarg froze at minus 4.6 degrees.
The gateway township in south Kashmir, Qazigund, recorded
minus 3.8 degrees and north Kashmir`s frontier Kupwara
district settled at minus 1.5 deg C.
The official said the weather is expected to remain dry
and cold for the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical