Leh records coldest night at minus 11.4 C
Srinagar: Kashmir division experienced the
coldest night of the season as mercury dipped to minus 11.4
degree Celsius in the remote Leh district, even as temperatures across
the Valley remained several degrees below freezing point.
Leh town in the remote Ladakh region recorded a freezing
minus 11.4 deg C last night, while the adjoining Kargil town
recorded minus 6.2 degrees, a MeT official said.
Srinagar city recorded a minimum of minus 1.9 degrees
Celsius, the official said.
He said the night temperature in the South Kashmir tourist
resort of Pahalgam was minus 5.1 deg C, while the skiing
resort of Gulmarg froze at minus 4.6 degrees.
The gateway township in south Kashmir, Qazigund, recorded
minus 3.8 degrees and north Kashmir`s frontier Kupwara
district settled at minus 1.5 deg C.
The official said the weather is expected to remain dry
and cold for the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal