Leopard kills 5-year-old in Kashmir town
Srinagar: In the third such incident in the state within a week, a five-year-old girl was killed in Jammu and Kashmir`s Budgam district after a leopard attacked her while she was playing outside her house.
The big cat ventured into Jaden village, some 20 km from here, Tuesday evening and pounced upon the girl, a police spokesperson said.
The beast took away the girl into a nearby forest, from where her body parts were later recovered by police, he said.
The leopard remained untraced and joint efforts by police and wildlife department are on to locate the man-eater, he said.
This is the third such incident this week, and ninth in the past three months in the Valley.
On August 12, two persons, including a 10-year-old boy, were killed in separate attacks by a wild bear and a leopard in Ganderbal and Kupwara districts of the Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand