Leopard kills 5-year-old in Kashmir town
Srinagar: In the third such incident in the state within a week, a five-year-old girl was killed in Jammu and Kashmir`s Budgam district after a leopard attacked her while she was playing outside her house.
The big cat ventured into Jaden village, some 20 km from here, Tuesday evening and pounced upon the girl, a police spokesperson said.
The beast took away the girl into a nearby forest, from where her body parts were later recovered by police, he said.
The leopard remained untraced and joint efforts by police and wildlife department are on to locate the man-eater, he said.
This is the third such incident this week, and ninth in the past three months in the Valley.
On August 12, two persons, including a 10-year-old boy, were killed in separate attacks by a wild bear and a leopard in Ganderbal and Kupwara districts of the Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray