LeT activist arrested in Mendhar
Poonch: The Army Wednesday apprehended a Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) activist in the Mendhar area of district Poonch while he was trying to cross over to India.
Mukhtiar Ahmed, who originally hails from Surankot area here, had crossed over to Pakistan in 2002 and joined LeT there, officials said.
At around 05:00 hours today Ahmed, along with his wife and three children, tried to enter into the Indian side from the Deridepsi area in Mendhar and was arrested by the Army, they added.
After preliminary investigations, Ahmed was handed over to police in Mendhar.
Meanwhile, Superintendent of Police, Shamsheer Hussain informed PTI that a case has been registered in this regard at police station Mendhar and after initial investigations, Ahmed will be send to Joint Interrogation Centre in Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’