LeT `commander` among two militants killed J&K
Srinagar: Two militants including a
self-styled commander of Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT)
outfit were killed in separate encounters with security forces
in Kashmir Valley on Monday.
LeT commander Abdul Rehman alias "Rehman Bhai" was
killed in a gunfight with security forces at village Shubdini
in southern Pulwama district, 35 kms from here, officials
They said security forces had moved to the village after
receiving a tip off about presence of militants in a house.
The search party came under fire and in retaliatory
action, a militant was killed, they said, adding the deceased
was later identified as LeT commander Abdul Rehman, who was
active for the last several years.
In another encounter, the officials said an unidentified
militant was killed in Dardpora area of Kupwara district in
The encounter took place when a security search party
confronted the militant in the forest area, 110 kms from here,
and asked him to surrender.
However, the militant opened fire triggering a gunfight,
leading to his death, the officials said, adding his identity
and group affiliation are yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened