LeT man escapes from custody, 3 J&K cops suspended
Srinagar: An LeT militant, who was to be
released this week following court acquittal, escaped from
custody leading to suspension of three policemen in south
Kashmir`s Shopian district.
Muzaffar Ahmad Malik, who according to police was
affiliated with Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) in 2002, and later with
Al-Badr militant outfit for four years, was arrested and
detained under Public Safety Act (PSA) in 2007.
Though Malik was to be released this week following
court orders, he escaped from the lock-up at Zainapora police
station yesterday, police said.
"We have suspended three policemen," Sub-Divisional
Police Officer (SDPO) Zainapora Irshad Ahmad said.
He said head constable Bashir Ahmad, guard commander
head constable Abdul Rashid and SgCT Altaf Ahmad, all posted
at Zainapora were placed under suspension.
An inquiry has also been ordered, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi