LeT man escapes from custody, 3 J&K cops suspended
Srinagar: An LeT militant, who was to be
released this week following court acquittal, escaped from
custody leading to suspension of three policemen in south
Kashmir`s Shopian district.
Muzaffar Ahmad Malik, who according to police was
affiliated with Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) in 2002, and later with
Al-Badr militant outfit for four years, was arrested and
detained under Public Safety Act (PSA) in 2007.
Though Malik was to be released this week following
court orders, he escaped from the lock-up at Zainapora police
station yesterday, police said.
"We have suspended three policemen," Sub-Divisional
Police Officer (SDPO) Zainapora Irshad Ahmad said.
He said head constable Bashir Ahmad, guard commander
head constable Abdul Rashid and SgCT Altaf Ahmad, all posted
at Zainapora were placed under suspension.
An inquiry has also been ordered, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Mumbai Police recovers car used in Sheena's murder; Indrani, Sanjeev, driver to be taken to crime spot in Raigad