`LeT might coordinate terror operation in J&K`
Jammu: A top security analyst on Saturday expressed apprehension that Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) might formally coordinate with other militant outfits and oversee all terror operations in Jammu and Kashmir.
"LeT will formally coordinate and oversee all terrorist operations in J&K...Even United Jehad Council supremo and Hizbul Mujahideen chief Syed Sallahudin will be part of this combine in future," former J&K DGP and senior security analyst MM Khajuria said here on Saturday.
He was speaking at a seminar on `The new dimensions of Pakistan`s mischief in J&K`, organised by Panun Kashmir.
Khajuria said as per a new strategy to give larger role of terror operations to LeT, Hurriyat Conference and JKLF leadership have been reached and modus operandi formulated during the recent visit of the separatists to Pakistan.
He asked the Indian government to remain alert to counter these moves and said the contours of Pakistan`s response have been discernible in raking up Kashmir issue in the United Nations and Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in recent past.
"Even though Pakistan`s response to the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru was cautious, its diplomatic missionary have been hyperactive in US, Europe and other foreign countries with tangible results," Khajuria said.
Khajuria said the overall strategy of the Indian government should be to take on board all anti-Indian elements and deepen the consultation and cooperation with Maoists and secessionists outfits as far as possible to neutralise the foreign design.
Vice chairman of Panun Kashmir and `Kashmir Sentinel` Editor Shailendra Aima said dealing with Pakistan is no normal business.
"Pakistan is not just another state in neighbourhood. it`s a mindscape which is antithetical to what we envision as Bharat or India," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead