`LeT might coordinate terror operation in J&K`
Jammu: A top security analyst on Saturday expressed apprehension that Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) might formally coordinate with other militant outfits and oversee all terror operations in Jammu and Kashmir.
"LeT will formally coordinate and oversee all terrorist operations in J&K...Even United Jehad Council supremo and Hizbul Mujahideen chief Syed Sallahudin will be part of this combine in future," former J&K DGP and senior security analyst MM Khajuria said here on Saturday.
He was speaking at a seminar on `The new dimensions of Pakistan`s mischief in J&K`, organised by Panun Kashmir.
Khajuria said as per a new strategy to give larger role of terror operations to LeT, Hurriyat Conference and JKLF leadership have been reached and modus operandi formulated during the recent visit of the separatists to Pakistan.
He asked the Indian government to remain alert to counter these moves and said the contours of Pakistan`s response have been discernible in raking up Kashmir issue in the United Nations and Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in recent past.
"Even though Pakistan`s response to the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru was cautious, its diplomatic missionary have been hyperactive in US, Europe and other foreign countries with tangible results," Khajuria said.
Khajuria said the overall strategy of the Indian government should be to take on board all anti-Indian elements and deepen the consultation and cooperation with Maoists and secessionists outfits as far as possible to neutralise the foreign design.
Vice chairman of Panun Kashmir and `Kashmir Sentinel` Editor Shailendra Aima said dealing with Pakistan is no normal business.
"Pakistan is not just another state in neighbourhood. it`s a mindscape which is antithetical to what we envision as Bharat or India," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- India business confidence dips to 5 month low in May
- 'Sultan's sherni Anushka Sharma heads to Patiala for 'Phillauri' shoot! – View pic
- Good rains to damp agricultural inflation, support Aug 9 RBI rate cut: BofA
- French Open: Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair advance to second round
- Nextbit Robin launched in India at Rs 19,999; comes with 100GB cloud storage