`LeT might coordinate terror operation in J&K`
Jammu: A top security analyst on Saturday expressed apprehension that Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) might formally coordinate with other militant outfits and oversee all terror operations in Jammu and Kashmir.
"LeT will formally coordinate and oversee all terrorist operations in J&K...Even United Jehad Council supremo and Hizbul Mujahideen chief Syed Sallahudin will be part of this combine in future," former J&K DGP and senior security analyst MM Khajuria said here on Saturday.
He was speaking at a seminar on `The new dimensions of Pakistan`s mischief in J&K`, organised by Panun Kashmir.
Khajuria said as per a new strategy to give larger role of terror operations to LeT, Hurriyat Conference and JKLF leadership have been reached and modus operandi formulated during the recent visit of the separatists to Pakistan.
He asked the Indian government to remain alert to counter these moves and said the contours of Pakistan`s response have been discernible in raking up Kashmir issue in the United Nations and Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in recent past.
"Even though Pakistan`s response to the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru was cautious, its diplomatic missionary have been hyperactive in US, Europe and other foreign countries with tangible results," Khajuria said.
Khajuria said the overall strategy of the Indian government should be to take on board all anti-Indian elements and deepen the consultation and cooperation with Maoists and secessionists outfits as far as possible to neutralise the foreign design.
Vice chairman of Panun Kashmir and `Kashmir Sentinel` Editor Shailendra Aima said dealing with Pakistan is no normal business.
"Pakistan is not just another state in neighbourhood. it`s a mindscape which is antithetical to what we envision as Bharat or India," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'