LeT militant arrested in Kashmir
Srinagar: A top Lashkar-e-Toiba militant has been arrested from the outskirts of Sopore town in Jammu and Kashmir, police said here on Sunday.
Bilal Ahmad Dar alias Huzaifa, who looked after the LeT operations in Srinagar, has been arrested, Sopore SP Imtiaz Hussian said.
The SP said Huzaifa was involved in the killing of two policemen in Srinagar last month and a recce of the city`s vital installations was carried out on his instruction.
He was also involved in the killing of four people in Sopore this year, Hussian said, adding that the militant was operating as a Lashkar commander for Srinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding