LeT militant arrested in Kashmir
Srinagar: A top Lashkar-e-Toiba militant has been arrested from the outskirts of Sopore town in Jammu and Kashmir, police said here on Sunday.
Bilal Ahmad Dar alias Huzaifa, who looked after the LeT operations in Srinagar, has been arrested, Sopore SP Imtiaz Hussian said.
The SP said Huzaifa was involved in the killing of two policemen in Srinagar last month and a recce of the city`s vital installations was carried out on his instruction.
He was also involved in the killing of four people in Sopore this year, Hussian said, adding that the militant was operating as a Lashkar commander for Srinagar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed