LeT militant arrested in Kashmir
Srinagar: A top Lashkar-e-Toiba militant has been arrested from the outskirts of Sopore town in Jammu and Kashmir, police said here on Sunday.
Bilal Ahmad Dar alias Huzaifa, who looked after the LeT operations in Srinagar, has been arrested, Sopore SP Imtiaz Hussian said.
The SP said Huzaifa was involved in the killing of two policemen in Srinagar last month and a recce of the city`s vital installations was carried out on his instruction.
He was also involved in the killing of four people in Sopore this year, Hussian said, adding that the militant was operating as a Lashkar commander for Srinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble