LeT militant arrested in Kashmir
Srinagar: A top Lashkar-e-Toiba militant has been arrested from the outskirts of Sopore town in Jammu and Kashmir, police said here on Sunday.
Bilal Ahmad Dar alias Huzaifa, who looked after the LeT operations in Srinagar, has been arrested, Sopore SP Imtiaz Hussian said.
The SP said Huzaifa was involved in the killing of two policemen in Srinagar last month and a recce of the city`s vital installations was carried out on his instruction.
He was also involved in the killing of four people in Sopore this year, Hussian said, adding that the militant was operating as a Lashkar commander for Srinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet