LeT militant arrested in Kashmir
Srinagar: A top Lashkar-e-Toiba militant has been arrested from the outskirts of Sopore town in Jammu and Kashmir, police said here on Sunday.
Bilal Ahmad Dar alias Huzaifa, who looked after the LeT operations in Srinagar, has been arrested, Sopore SP Imtiaz Hussian said.
The SP said Huzaifa was involved in the killing of two policemen in Srinagar last month and a recce of the city`s vital installations was carried out on his instruction.
He was also involved in the killing of four people in Sopore this year, Hussian said, adding that the militant was operating as a Lashkar commander for Srinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- UNBELIEVABLE! Cristiano Ronaldo to have an international airport named after him
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project
- Mumbai Taxi-rickshaw strike 'put on hold'
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio