LeT militant held for beheading Congress leader
Jammu: A Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) terrorist has been arrested for the murder of Congress leader Abdul Gani Rather last week, police said on Saturday.
Abdul Jabbar was arrested on Friday after a joint operation by the police and Army in Kota area of Kishtwar district, a police officer said.
The Congress leader was kidnapped and beheaded by Lashkar terrorists on the night of May 16. His body was found dumped in a nearby forest, the police officer said.
The police were tipped off about Jabbar`s whereabouts by some locals who were outraged at LeT`s atrocities against civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani