LeT militant held for beheading Congress leader
Jammu: A Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) terrorist has been arrested for the murder of Congress leader Abdul Gani Rather last week, police said on Saturday.
Abdul Jabbar was arrested on Friday after a joint operation by the police and Army in Kota area of Kishtwar district, a police officer said.
The Congress leader was kidnapped and beheaded by Lashkar terrorists on the night of May 16. His body was found dumped in a nearby forest, the police officer said.
The police were tipped off about Jabbar`s whereabouts by some locals who were outraged at LeT`s atrocities against civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack