LeT militant held for beheading Congress leader
Jammu: A Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) terrorist has been arrested for the murder of Congress leader Abdul Gani Rather last week, police said on Saturday.
Abdul Jabbar was arrested on Friday after a joint operation by the police and Army in Kota area of Kishtwar district, a police officer said.
The Congress leader was kidnapped and beheaded by Lashkar terrorists on the night of May 16. His body was found dumped in a nearby forest, the police officer said.
The police were tipped off about Jabbar`s whereabouts by some locals who were outraged at LeT`s atrocities against civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray