LeT militant held for beheading Congress leader
Jammu: A Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) terrorist has been arrested for the murder of Congress leader Abdul Gani Rather last week, police said on Saturday.
Abdul Jabbar was arrested on Friday after a joint operation by the police and Army in Kota area of Kishtwar district, a police officer said.
The Congress leader was kidnapped and beheaded by Lashkar terrorists on the night of May 16. His body was found dumped in a nearby forest, the police officer said.
The police were tipped off about Jabbar`s whereabouts by some locals who were outraged at LeT`s atrocities against civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Cameron tells EU free movement reform `key` to post-Brexit ties: UK govt source
- Shocking! Teenage girl gang-raped inside Delhi school by friend, security guard
- Soon, education till Class 10 may become free
- US, European stocks rise, ending Brexit rout
- Italy, Netherlands offer to share UN council seat