LeT militant involved in beheading of villager killed: IG
Jammu: A Lashkar-e-Toiba militant was killed, allegedly involved in beheading a Congress worker in Doda district, has been arrested by the security forces,
"LeT militant Mohmmad Ishaq alias Munazil was killed in an encounter in Doda," Inspector General of Police (IGP), Jammu Zone, Dilbagh Singh said.
While another ultra Abdul Jabbar was arrested by police in Doda earlier this week for his involvement in beheading the Congress worker Abdul Gani, he said.
Meanwhile, operation to track down self-styled LeT commander Habib Gujjar alias Salman is being carried out in the Doda hills, the IGP said.
Acting on a tip off about the presence of LeT militants, including its District Commander Salman, in a hideout in Ganati forest belt in Gundha bowl in Doda district, Army`s Rashtriya Rifle troops and police launched a joint search and cordon operation on May 25. Salman, however, managed to escape from the spot.
"Our police teams are following the LeT commander. We hope to track him soon," the IGP said.
While, LeT ultra identified as Mohammad Ishaq alias Munazil was killed in the gunfight with security forces.
LeT militant Abdul Jabbar, who was also involved in the beheading of Abdul Gani, was arrested in Koat area of Doda on May 20 by security forces and police in an operation. One LeT militant sympathiser Saima, an associate of Commander
Habib Gujjar, was also arrested after the encounter in Ganti forest.
Gani was abducted and later beheaded by LeT militants led by Jabbar in Koat forest belt in Doda on May 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees