LeT militant involved in sarpanch killing held in J&K
Srinagar: A Lashkar-e-Taiba (LET) militant, allegedly involved in the killing of a sarpanch, was arrested by security forces in Baramulla district of north Kashmir on Friday, police said.
Mohammad Altaf Ganie alias `Cheema` was arrested by a joint search party of police, Rashtriya Rifles and CRPF in his Raipora village of Pattan, 30 kms from here, a police spokesman said.
Terming the arrest of Ganie as a "breakthrough", the spokesman said that he was involved in the killing of Sarpanch Ghulam Mohammad Yatoo in the village in September.
However, his other accomplice in the killing - Shabir Ahmed Sheikh alias `Shaka` - is still at large and efforts are on to nab him, the spokesman said.
Arms and ammunition including AK-47 rifle, four magazines, and 192 rounds of ammunition were recovered from the possession of the militant, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?