LeT militant killed in a shootout
Jammu: Security forces have killed a Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) militant in a shootout in the jungles of Kishtwar district in Jammu and Kashmir early on Monday.
Akhtar Hussain was involved in the killing of a soldier a couple of months ago, said an Army source here. He was killed in a gunbattle at Parmal in Kishtwar, about 240 km northeast of Jammu, the source added.
The security forces have also recovered one AK-47 assault rifle from the site.
It may be recalled that Jammu and Kashmir Police had busted an LeT module in Poonch district on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling