LeT militant killed in a shootout
Jammu: Security forces have killed a Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) militant in a shootout in the jungles of Kishtwar district in Jammu and Kashmir early on Monday.
Akhtar Hussain was involved in the killing of a soldier a couple of months ago, said an Army source here. He was killed in a gunbattle at Parmal in Kishtwar, about 240 km northeast of Jammu, the source added.
The security forces have also recovered one AK-47 assault rifle from the site.
It may be recalled that Jammu and Kashmir Police had busted an LeT module in Poonch district on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- Lok Sabha adjourns after uproar over AAP MP Bhagwant Mann's Parliament video, other issues
- Book on LK Advani to be released without his consent?
- Hong Kong student leader pleads not guilty
- Gold down by Rs 51 to Rs 31,347 per 10 gram in futures trade
- ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth mania grips nation – WATCH to believe it