LeT militant killed in a shootout
Jammu: Security forces have killed a Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) militant in a shootout in the jungles of Kishtwar district in Jammu and Kashmir early on Monday.
Akhtar Hussain was involved in the killing of a soldier a couple of months ago, said an Army source here. He was killed in a gunbattle at Parmal in Kishtwar, about 240 km northeast of Jammu, the source added.
The security forces have also recovered one AK-47 assault rifle from the site.
It may be recalled that Jammu and Kashmir Police had busted an LeT module in Poonch district on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Sensex falls for second straight session, cracks below 28,000-mark
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers
- Flood situation in Bihar under control: CM Nitish Kumar
- Teenaged Dalit girl gang-raped in UP's Aligarh