LeT militant killed in Doda
Jammu: A top Lashker-e-Toiba (LeT) militant was killed in an encounter with security forces in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said here on Monday.
On specific information, a joint column of army and police reached Kotli village, about 275-kms from here, last evening to nab Mohammad Hussain, they said, adding however, the militant on seeing the security forces fled away.
The security forces chased Hussain, who lobbed grenades on them, they said, adding in the ensuing encounter, the militant was killed.
One Under Barrel Grenade Launcher with two grenades, one live and two used chinese grenades and some explosive material were recovered from the slain militant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption