LeT militant killed in encounter in J&K
Jammu: Security forces shot dead a Lashkar-e-Taiba militant but a self-styled commander of the outfit managed to escape in an injured condition during an encounter between the two sides in Ramban district, police said Wednesday.
Acting on a tip off, troops of Rashtriya Rifles and police launched a cordon and search operation in Khadi forest belt of Banihal tehsil in Ramban district on Monday night.
A gunbattle broke out in the area last night in which LET militant Gulam Nabi alias Gulla was killed and a self-styled commander of the outfit Auiyaz Malik alias Moosa code Alfa-2 was injured but managed to escape from the spot.
An operation is going on to track down the commander, they said, adding that a pistol, four rounds and two radio sets were recovered from the spot.
Nabi had joined the outfit three months ago, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India