LeT militant killed in encounter in J&K
Jammu: Security forces shot dead a Lashkar-e-Taiba militant but a self-styled commander of the outfit managed to escape in an injured condition during an encounter between the two sides in Ramban district, police said Wednesday.
Acting on a tip off, troops of Rashtriya Rifles and police launched a cordon and search operation in Khadi forest belt of Banihal tehsil in Ramban district on Monday night.
A gunbattle broke out in the area last night in which LET militant Gulam Nabi alias Gulla was killed and a self-styled commander of the outfit Auiyaz Malik alias Moosa code Alfa-2 was injured but managed to escape from the spot.
An operation is going on to track down the commander, they said, adding that a pistol, four rounds and two radio sets were recovered from the spot.
Nabi had joined the outfit three months ago, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- PM Modi promises Centre's support to flood-hit states
- Sushma Swaraj in Myanmar; to hold talks with Suu Kyi
- Mohan Bhagwat's comments on Hindu population are 'outdated': Shiv Sena
- Wow! Google Duo now available in India to make free video calls
- In Goa, Arvind Kejriwal says AAP has no money to fight elections