LeT militant killed in encounter in J&K
Jammu: Security forces shot dead a Lashkar-e-Taiba militant but a self-styled commander of the outfit managed to escape in an injured condition during an encounter between the two sides in Ramban district, police said Wednesday.
Acting on a tip off, troops of Rashtriya Rifles and police launched a cordon and search operation in Khadi forest belt of Banihal tehsil in Ramban district on Monday night.
A gunbattle broke out in the area last night in which LET militant Gulam Nabi alias Gulla was killed and a self-styled commander of the outfit Auiyaz Malik alias Moosa code Alfa-2 was injured but managed to escape from the spot.
An operation is going on to track down the commander, they said, adding that a pistol, four rounds and two radio sets were recovered from the spot.
Nabi had joined the outfit three months ago, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach