LeT militant killed in encounter in J&K
Jammu: Security forces shot dead a Lashkar-e-Taiba militant but a self-styled commander of the outfit managed to escape in an injured condition during an encounter between the two sides in Ramban district, police said Wednesday.
Acting on a tip off, troops of Rashtriya Rifles and police launched a cordon and search operation in Khadi forest belt of Banihal tehsil in Ramban district on Monday night.
A gunbattle broke out in the area last night in which LET militant Gulam Nabi alias Gulla was killed and a self-styled commander of the outfit Auiyaz Malik alias Moosa code Alfa-2 was injured but managed to escape from the spot.
An operation is going on to track down the commander, they said, adding that a pistol, four rounds and two radio sets were recovered from the spot.
Nabi had joined the outfit three months ago, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh brands Irrfan Khan as 'enigmatic genius'
- Tamil Nadu CM thanks Rawat for taking steps to install poet's statue
- India's tour to West Indies: Shikhar Dhawan hails Virat Kohli's backing, says it feels good to bat with him
- SC tells Centre to take over Adarsh housing society in Mumbai before August 5, stays demolition plan
- US report on Chinese Muslims joining ISIS 'groundless': Media