LeT militant killed in encounter in J&K
Srinagar: A Lashker-e-Toiba militant was killed in an encounter with security forces in Baramulla district of north Kashmir on Monday, officials said.
The encounter took place at Zaloora village, 60 kms from here, late last night after a joint team of security forces and police launched a search operation based on information that ultras were hiding in the area, the officials said.
The militants opened fire on the team, prompting the security forces to retaliate.
Intermittent exchange of fire between the two sides continued throughout the night, the officials said.
They said the body of a militant was recovered from the spot this morning. He was later identified as Abu Hazla, a Pakistani national affiliated with LeT.
An AK assault rifle, three magazines and a wireless set were recovered from the possession of the slain militant, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi