LeT militant killed in encounter in J&K
Srinagar: A Lashker-e-Toiba militant was killed in an encounter with security forces in Baramulla district of north Kashmir on Monday, officials said.
The encounter took place at Zaloora village, 60 kms from here, late last night after a joint team of security forces and police launched a search operation based on information that ultras were hiding in the area, the officials said.
The militants opened fire on the team, prompting the security forces to retaliate.
Intermittent exchange of fire between the two sides continued throughout the night, the officials said.
They said the body of a militant was recovered from the spot this morning. He was later identified as Abu Hazla, a Pakistani national affiliated with LeT.
An AK assault rifle, three magazines and a wireless set were recovered from the possession of the slain militant, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?