LeT militant killed in encounter in J&K
Srinagar: A Lashker-e-Toiba militant was killed in an encounter with security forces in Baramulla district of north Kashmir on Monday, officials said.
The encounter took place at Zaloora village, 60 kms from here, late last night after a joint team of security forces and police launched a search operation based on information that ultras were hiding in the area, the officials said.
The militants opened fire on the team, prompting the security forces to retaliate.
Intermittent exchange of fire between the two sides continued throughout the night, the officials said.
They said the body of a militant was recovered from the spot this morning. He was later identified as Abu Hazla, a Pakistani national affiliated with LeT.
An AK assault rifle, three magazines and a wireless set were recovered from the possession of the slain militant, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says