LeT operative arrested; 8kg RDX unearthed in J&K
Srinagar: In separate operations, security
forces Thursday arrested a suspected Lashker-e-Toiba operative
and recovered eight kgs of RDX along with other ammunition and
explosives from an arms dump in the Kashmir Valley.
Acting on a tip off, a police party arrested LeT
operative Ghulam Nabi Dar at Kulangam in Kupwara district, a
police spokesman said, adding three Chinese grenades were
recovered from his possession.
In another operation, the spokesman said security forces
unearthed an arms dump of militants from the bed of a stream
at Gundarvaish-Amarbugh in Shopian, 60 kms from here.
The recoveries from the dump included eight kgs RDX,
three rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) rounds, three hand
grenades, 10 meters of cordex wire, 132 pika rounds and 147 AK
assault rifle rounds, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!