LeT operative arrested; 8kg RDX unearthed in J&K
Srinagar: In separate operations, security
forces Thursday arrested a suspected Lashker-e-Toiba operative
and recovered eight kgs of RDX along with other ammunition and
explosives from an arms dump in the Kashmir Valley.
Acting on a tip off, a police party arrested LeT
operative Ghulam Nabi Dar at Kulangam in Kupwara district, a
police spokesman said, adding three Chinese grenades were
recovered from his possession.
In another operation, the spokesman said security forces
unearthed an arms dump of militants from the bed of a stream
at Gundarvaish-Amarbugh in Shopian, 60 kms from here.
The recoveries from the dump included eight kgs RDX,
three rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) rounds, three hand
grenades, 10 meters of cordex wire, 132 pika rounds and 147 AK
assault rifle rounds, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack