LeT operative arrested; 8kg RDX unearthed in J&K
Srinagar: In separate operations, security
forces Thursday arrested a suspected Lashker-e-Toiba operative
and recovered eight kgs of RDX along with other ammunition and
explosives from an arms dump in the Kashmir Valley.
Acting on a tip off, a police party arrested LeT
operative Ghulam Nabi Dar at Kulangam in Kupwara district, a
police spokesman said, adding three Chinese grenades were
recovered from his possession.
In another operation, the spokesman said security forces
unearthed an arms dump of militants from the bed of a stream
at Gundarvaish-Amarbugh in Shopian, 60 kms from here.
The recoveries from the dump included eight kgs RDX,
three rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) rounds, three hand
grenades, 10 meters of cordex wire, 132 pika rounds and 147 AK
assault rifle rounds, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi