LeT operative arrested; 8kg RDX unearthed in J&K
Srinagar: In separate operations, security
forces Thursday arrested a suspected Lashker-e-Toiba operative
and recovered eight kgs of RDX along with other ammunition and
explosives from an arms dump in the Kashmir Valley.
Acting on a tip off, a police party arrested LeT
operative Ghulam Nabi Dar at Kulangam in Kupwara district, a
police spokesman said, adding three Chinese grenades were
recovered from his possession.
In another operation, the spokesman said security forces
unearthed an arms dump of militants from the bed of a stream
at Gundarvaish-Amarbugh in Shopian, 60 kms from here.
The recoveries from the dump included eight kgs RDX,
three rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) rounds, three hand
grenades, 10 meters of cordex wire, 132 pika rounds and 147 AK
assault rifle rounds, the spokesman said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged