LeT operative arrested in J&K
Srinagar: A Lashker-e-Toiba (LeT) operative, who was allegedly managing finances for the Pakistan-based militant outfit in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district was arrested on Sunday, police said here.
Mudasir Ahmad Dar, a resident of Naseem Bagh, Sopore, had been working for LeT for a long time, was arrested for his alleged involvement in subversive activities, a police spokesman said.
Dar was arrested following a disclosure by Pakistani terrorist Hafiz Naveed alias Fahadullah who was nabbed by the police last month, he said.
Naveed had disclosed that Dar had been managing finances of the outfit in and around Sopore, besides providing logistic support to the militants of the outfit, the spokesman said.
Dar had also been distributing money to the dependants of the killed militants in Sopore, he said.
The spokesman added that Dar was carrying a bond of one million dollar along with two tokens and one authentication certificate at the time of the arrest.
The spokesman said that the bond along with tokens is used as a novelty item having no financial obligation on part of its issuing authority and the current market value of the note is Rs 4,500 only.
This bond has been at times used to cheat people around the world, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets