LeT operative arrested in J&K
Srinagar: A Lashker-e-Toiba (LeT) operative, who was allegedly managing finances for the Pakistan-based militant outfit in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district was arrested on Sunday, police said here.
Mudasir Ahmad Dar, a resident of Naseem Bagh, Sopore, had been working for LeT for a long time, was arrested for his alleged involvement in subversive activities, a police spokesman said.
Dar was arrested following a disclosure by Pakistani terrorist Hafiz Naveed alias Fahadullah who was nabbed by the police last month, he said.
Naveed had disclosed that Dar had been managing finances of the outfit in and around Sopore, besides providing logistic support to the militants of the outfit, the spokesman said.
Dar had also been distributing money to the dependants of the killed militants in Sopore, he said.
The spokesman added that Dar was carrying a bond of one million dollar along with two tokens and one authentication certificate at the time of the arrest.
The spokesman said that the bond along with tokens is used as a novelty item having no financial obligation on part of its issuing authority and the current market value of the note is Rs 4,500 only.
This bond has been at times used to cheat people around the world, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket