LeT sympathiser held with Rs 1.84 lakh hawala money
Jammu: An alleged Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT)
sympathiser has been arrested and Rs 1.84 lakh hawala money
recovered from his possession in Doda district of Jammu and
Kashmir, police said on Friday.
Bashir Ahmed, was arrested with the hawala consignment
of Rs 1.84 lakh when he was heading towards a suspected
militant location on the outskirts of Doda, about 175-kms from
here yesterday, they said.
He was taking the consignment for delivery to Javed
Ahmed alias Hurera on the directions of Lashkar commander
Mohammadi, they said.
Ahmed has been booked under unlawful activities, they
said, adding that he was being subjected to sustained
interrogation to ascertain his links with other militants of
the LeT outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report