LeT sympathiser held with Rs 1.84 lakh hawala money
Jammu: An alleged Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT)
sympathiser has been arrested and Rs 1.84 lakh hawala money
recovered from his possession in Doda district of Jammu and
Kashmir, police said on Friday.
Bashir Ahmed, was arrested with the hawala consignment
of Rs 1.84 lakh when he was heading towards a suspected
militant location on the outskirts of Doda, about 175-kms from
here yesterday, they said.
He was taking the consignment for delivery to Javed
Ahmed alias Hurera on the directions of Lashkar commander
Mohammadi, they said.
Ahmed has been booked under unlawful activities, they
said, adding that he was being subjected to sustained
interrogation to ascertain his links with other militants of
the LeT outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj