LeT terrorists kill Kashmir cop`s mother
Jammu: In a retaliatory attack, Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) terrorists killed a policeman`s mother and injured his wife and two children in Keshwan area of Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday evening, police said.
The attack came a day after the killing of a suspected LeT militant in Nandigad area of Kishtwar a day earlier.
"It appears to be a clear case of retaliation. This is an act of LeT militants," a senior police officer told a news agency.
According to police, the terrorists Sunday attacked the house of Qasim Gujar, one of the policemen involved in the operation against LeT terrorists in the Nandigad area.
The guerrillas barged into Gujar`s house and opened indiscriminate fire, killing his mother and injuring his wife and two children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...