LHB coaches for Jammu Rajdhani Express
New Delhi: In order to provide additional facilities and accommodation to rail passengers, Northern Railway has decided to introduce LHB coaches in Jammu Rajdhani from tomorrow.
"The New Delhi-Jammu Tawi-New Delhi Rajdhani Express will be equipped with LHB coaches from June 15," a senior Northern Railway official said.
Keeping in mind the increasing passenger demand for the train, the official said, the coaches were replaced with LHB ones which have more carrying capacity
Currently, the Jammu Tawi Rajdhani, a daily service, runs with conventional coaches having one AC 1 coach with 18 berths, four AC 2 tier coaches with 45 berths each and 10 AC 3 tier coaches which have 72 berths each.
The LHB coach of AC 1 has 24 berths, AC 2 tier coach has 52 berths and three-tier AC coach has 80 berths each.
Linke Holfmann Busch (LHB) coaches are being manufactured at Kapurthala and Rae Bareli coach factories.
With the introduction of LHB rake, the accommodation in Jammu Rajdhani Express will increase by six additional berths in AC 1 coach, 28 additional berths in AC 2 tier and 80 additional berths in AC 3 tier coaches.
It means the total capacity of the train will increase by 114 berths per day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Twitter has paid $322,420 to bug hunters so far
- Sell your old car for scrap and get freebies from government
- IPL 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad — Possible XIs, Date, Time, Venue, TV Listing, Live Streaming
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan