Light snowfall in Srinagar, more expected
Srinagar: There was light snowfall in this Jammu and Kashmir summer capital Friday morning. The weather office forecast more light to moderate rain or snowfall across the valley.
"We are expecting widespread light to moderate rain or snow in the valley. The snowfall could be heavy at a few places in the higher reaches," a weather official told reporters.
The snowfall has caused an appreciable rise in the minimum temperatures, bringing relief from the severe cold wave conditions that existed for nearly a month.
"The minimum temperature was 0.8 degrees in Srinagar. It was minus 1.8 in Pahalgam and minus 8 in Gulmarg," the official said.
The wet weather conditions are because of a western disturbance which is active over the valley.
Western disturbance is a term used in India, Pakistan, Nepal and Bangladesh to describe an extra tropical storm in the Mediterranean Sea that causes sudden rain and snow in South Asia.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India