Liyakat issue: BJP MLAs stage dharna outside J&K Assembly
Jammu: BJP MLAs in Jammu and Kashmir Monday staged dharna against the Omar Abdullah government and National Conference for their stance on arrest of Liyaqat Ali Shah, who Delhi Police claim is a Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist.
Led by leader of BJP Legislative party Ashok Khajuria, the MLAs sat on dharna at the front entry gate of state legislature to protest National Conference`s move to bring a resolution to discuss Liyaqat issue in Assembly today.
The resolution was rejected by Speaker Mubarak Gul.
"We criticise the government for bringing resolution in the House over Liyaqat who is a terrorist caught by the Delhi Police. Government and NC is supporting people like him," Khajuria told reporters here.
He claimed that the government has failed on all fronts, particularly security, as seen from attacks on security personnel and civilians for over a fortnight.
The Jammu and Kashmir Police maintain Liyaqat was a militant who had surrendered as part of rehabilitation policy and was headed to Kashmir.
The conflicting versions of Delhi Police and JK police over Shah`s credentials are being examined by Ministry of Home Affairs after a row erupted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you