LoC flare up may harm Indo-Pak relations: Mirwaiz
Srinagar: Chairman of moderate faction of Hurriyat Conference Mirwaiz Umer Farooq today said the recent flare-up on the Line Of Control (LoC) between India and Pakistan has the potential to harm the improving relations between the two countries.
"The killing of Indian or Pakistani soldiers during border tension has always remained a cause of concern. Hence, Kashmiris have repeatedly stressed upon both the nations to solve Kashmir issue to stop the wastage of lives on both sides of LoC," Mirwaiz said addressing a religious function here.
He said both countries should demilitarise the borders and ensure the safety of Kashmiris living along the LoC on both sides of the divided Kashmir.
Kashmiris are the worst victims of tense relations between India and Pakistan, Mirwaiz said and expressed hope that both countries would show political prudence and take appropriate measures to normalise relations.
"A conducive atmosphere is needed to solve the Kashmir issue," he said adding "Till basic issue of Kashmir is not solved, all other steps to stabilise the relations will prove to be a futile exercise."
The Hurriyat Chairman said improving trade relations, water, Sir Creek and Siachen issues cannot be solved till creation of a favourable atmosphere.
Lasting solution of Kashmir issue would create a conducive atmosphere for addressing other problems existing between the both countries, he said.
Mirwaiz also expressed concern over the reports that four herb collectors were killed by the army along LoC in Machil sector during a fake encounter and labelled as militants attempting to sneak into the Valley recently.
"An immediate impartial inquiry should be ordered into the incident to unravel the truth," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!