LS poll to have bearing on assembly election in J&K: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said results of coming parliamentary polls will have a bearing on the state assembly elections slated to be held later this year.
"The upcoming parliamentary elections is the first innings, the results of which will have a direct bearing on the second innings of assembly polls scheduled for October-November," Omar, Working President of ruling National Conference, said addressing working committee meeting of the party here.
Referring to the pre-poll alliance with coalition partner Congress, the Chief minister said opposition PDP left no stone unturned to attract Congress for a pre-poll alliance and even did not announce its candidate for the north Kashmir seat.
However, PDP nominated its candidate for the north Kashmir after they were snubbed by Congress, he said.
"We voluntarily kept our support for Congress in Jammu and even joined hands with the party in their campaign. Likewise, we are expecting complete support of the Congress for our candidates from Kashmir so that we can win all the six seats to lay the foundation of the formation of new government at the centre," he said.
He expressed the hope that the National Conference will register resounding victories in all the three Lok Sabha seats in Kashmir.
The Chief Minister urged NC functionaries and workers to reach out to the people to highlight the achievements of the government.
"You need to highlight the achievements registered by the government over the past five years as far as the developmental scenario and prosperity is concerned," Omar said adding the coalition government took various historic steps to make the state economically independent and prosperous.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic