LS polls a battle between secular, communal forces: Omar Abdullah
Jammu: Describing the Lok Sabha elections as clash of ideologies and battle between secular and communal forces, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday exuded confidence about his party`s victory on the basis of its commitment to public service and time tested secular credentials.
"Ensuing elections is clash of ideologies and battle between secular and communal forces. This is an opportunity for people to make a discernible choice between communal and secular forces," he told party functionaries including sitting and former legislators from Jammu division at Sher-e-Kashmir Bhavan here.
He said the polls will also be an endorsement of polices, programmes and performance of the government during over past five years.
National Conference`s rank and file has been pressed into election gear across the state, with workers stepping up mass contact campaign, he said, adding the performance of his government has been inspiring and innovative, especially with respect to empowering people through Panchayat Raj Institutions and taking governance at grass roots level.
He said NC is committed to strengthen secular forces by isolating divisive and communal elements who were posing a big threat to peace and harmony across the country.
"We won`t allow them to vitiate the atmosphere by generating ill-will between communities for furthering their nefarious political agenda," he said.
Spelling out the crucial role played by NC during most testing times in history, Omar recalled the sacrifices by its towering leaders and committed workers in upholding the special entity of the state and dignity of its people.
He described workers as real strength of the party and hoped they will carry forward the mission chartered by Sher- e-Kashmir to make Jammu and Kashmir a prosperous, peaceful and forward looking state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know