LUTF demonstrate demanding UT status to Ladakh
Jammu: An organisation spearheading a
campaign for Union Territory status to Ladakh region of Jammu
and Kashmir on Thursday held a demonstration against the
recommendations of Prime Minister`s Working Group, which has
rejected the demand.
Protesting against the report of the group headed by
Justice Sagir Ahmed, activists of Lakadh Union Territory Front
(LUTF) raised anti-government slogans in front of Raj
State BJP chief Ashok Khajuria, Jammu Bar Association
(JBA) President Sunil Sethi, Jammu Chamber of Commerce and
Industries (JCCI) President Y V Gupta, Panun Kashmir President
Ajay Charangoo took part in demonstration, led by LUTF
chairman Sonam Dawa.
LUTF has been holding dharnas at Leh and Zanaskar in
Ladakh for past three days for granting of UT status to the
"In this direction, we have submitted a 20 point
memorandum to President Pratibha Patil," Dawa told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued