LUTF demonstrate demanding UT status to Ladakh
Jammu: An organisation spearheading a
campaign for Union Territory status to Ladakh region of Jammu
and Kashmir on Thursday held a demonstration against the
recommendations of Prime Minister`s Working Group, which has
rejected the demand.
Protesting against the report of the group headed by
Justice Sagir Ahmed, activists of Lakadh Union Territory Front
(LUTF) raised anti-government slogans in front of Raj
State BJP chief Ashok Khajuria, Jammu Bar Association
(JBA) President Sunil Sethi, Jammu Chamber of Commerce and
Industries (JCCI) President Y V Gupta, Panun Kashmir President
Ajay Charangoo took part in demonstration, led by LUTF
chairman Sonam Dawa.
LUTF has been holding dharnas at Leh and Zanaskar in
Ladakh for past three days for granting of UT status to the
"In this direction, we have submitted a 20 point
memorandum to President Pratibha Patil," Dawa told reporters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma