‘Machail yatra’ begins in Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu: The annual ‘Machail yatra’, a traditional pilgrimage to temple of a Hindu deity in Machail area of Jammu and Kashmir, today commenced with 800 devotees left for the yatra from here.
As many as 800 pilgrims left from city chowk in Jammu for the Himalayan shrine of Goddess Chandi Mata in Machail-Paddar belt of Kishtwar today.
Popularly known as Machail yatra, traditional pilgrimage is performed annually in the mountainous area of Paddar.
The Yatra commenced today from Jammu and will conclude on August 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video