Madrassa teachers burn boy`s feet to discipline hi
Jammu: In a shocking case, two teachers at a madrassa allegedly burnt the feet of a 11-year-old student by pressing hot iron on them after the child tried to run away from the seminary in Rajouri district.
The two teachers -- Anwar-ul-Haq and Ahmed Jameel- allegedly pressed hot iron on the feet of Mohmmad Musharaf as "punishment" for trying to run away from the madrassa in Rajouri district a few days ago, SSP, Rajouri, Mubassir Latifee said Tuesday.
The incident came to light yesterday when the maternal uncle of child visited the institute. He reported the matter to police, which registered a case and arrested the two teachers of Madrassa Nasurat-ul-uloom in Ahdarkote, Rajouri.
The child is recuperating in a Rajouri hospital.
Rajouri district has witnessed two cases of brutality by teachers in the recent past.
On December 6, 2012, the right arm of a nine-year-old girl was fractured after she was allegedly caned by a teacher for coming late to school in Rajouri district.
On August 18, 2012, a Class IX suffered kidney failure after he was allegedly thrashed by a teacher in Rajouri district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?