Magisterial inquiries, commissions are tool to buy time: CPM
Srinagar: Even after two years to the 2010 Kashmir Valley unrest in which at least hundred people were killed, not a single case has reached to any logical conclusion, the CPI(M) said on Sunday and alleged that magisterial enquiries have become a tool to buy time.
"Even after two years, people still await answers to what happened to perpetrators of the violence in 2010 unrest that consumed over 100 lives, and who are yet to be brought to justice," CPI (M) state secretary M Y Tarigami said in a statement.
Tarigami alleged, "not a single case out of these civilian killings has reached to any logical conclusion" and in most of these cases the families of victims are facing secondary victimisation at the hands of administration.
Magisterial inquiries, Commissions of inquiries or judicial probes ordered in Kashmir have lost their meaning as they have become a tool to buy time and cool down the tempers, the Left leader said.
"We want answer to what happened to the commission of inquiry ordered by the government to probe these killings? What happened to the cases which were not brought in the ambit of jurisdiction of that Commission of Inquiry?" he said addressing a one-day party convention at Anantnag in south Kashmir.
He said going by the fate of the magisterial inquiries, Commissions of inquiries or judicial probes, "the fact of the matter is the practice has lost its meaning".
"In a way, these probes and inquires have become a handy weapon to cool down tempers and buy time after the innocent civilian killings," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!