Magisterial probe into Ramban incident mere "eyewash": PDP
Jammu: PDP on Saturday termed the magisterial inquiry into the killing of four people in Ramban district as "eyewash" and accused the Centre and the state government of trying to shift the blame on each other for the incident.
"Instead of taking action against those who were responsible for murdering innocent people, both Centre and the state government were trying to pass the buck on each other.
"Such attitude would prove disastrous for the state and it would increase alienation among masses," PDP spokesperson, Rangil Singh, said during a meeting here.
Four people were killed and 42 others, including a BSF jawan, injured when a mob tried to attack the Border Security Forces camp in Gool area of Ramban yesterday.
"The magisterial inquiry being announced by the government after the firing incident is mere eye-wash. It is an attempt to shield those who are responsible for the massacre," he added.
Questioning the intention of the state government to properly investigate the incident, Singh said, "First of all FIR should be registered regarding this case and government should order judicial probe. Announcing magisterial inquiry after every such incident has become a routine matter."
Singh alleged that the present regime has developed a culture of "shielding" those who are responsible for committing atrocities on innocent civilians.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview