Magisterial probe into Ramban incident mere "eyewash": PDP
Jammu: PDP on Saturday termed the magisterial inquiry into the killing of four people in Ramban district as "eyewash" and accused the Centre and the state government of trying to shift the blame on each other for the incident.
"Instead of taking action against those who were responsible for murdering innocent people, both Centre and the state government were trying to pass the buck on each other.
"Such attitude would prove disastrous for the state and it would increase alienation among masses," PDP spokesperson, Rangil Singh, said during a meeting here.
Four people were killed and 42 others, including a BSF jawan, injured when a mob tried to attack the Border Security Forces camp in Gool area of Ramban yesterday.
"The magisterial inquiry being announced by the government after the firing incident is mere eye-wash. It is an attempt to shield those who are responsible for the massacre," he added.
Questioning the intention of the state government to properly investigate the incident, Singh said, "First of all FIR should be registered regarding this case and government should order judicial probe. Announcing magisterial inquiry after every such incident has become a routine matter."
Singh alleged that the present regime has developed a culture of "shielding" those who are responsible for committing atrocities on innocent civilians.
- Uttarakhand forest fire under control, no death so far: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump's presidency will 'lead to another 9/11': South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham
- Ex-Australian priest John Joseph Farrell sentenced for child abuse
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan
- NEET 2016: Government will take final call, says Venkaiah Naidu