Magisterial probe into Shopian killings a deception: Hurriyat hawk Geelani
Srinagar: Hurriyat hawk Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Sunday rejected the Magisterial probe into the Shopian killings, terming it as a "deception" and a "ploy to cool down anger of the people".
The state government had announced such inquiries into many incidents in the past but "till now no accused has been identified and no one has been punished", Geelani said in a statement here.
"I reject the Magisterial inquiry into the Shopian killings. It is a deception and and a ploy to cool down anger of the people," the chairman of the hardline faction of the Hurriyat said.
"The government had made announcements of inquiries into the incidents in Markundal and Gool but no one has been punished yet," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez