Magnesite project in J&K to be commissioned by Dec 2015
Jammu: The 30,000-tonnes per annum magnesite project in Jammu and Kashmir`s Reasi district is likely to be commissioned by December 2015.
Magnesite Project at Panthal area of Reasi is likely to be commissioned by December, 2015, Minister of State for Industries & Commerce and Home, Sajjad Ahmad Kichloo, was informed by the officials during his visit to Panthal-based Magnesite Project of J&K Mineral Development Corporation Ltd, yesterday.
During the visit, the minister took stock of ongoing works at the project site.
The project is a joint venture of NMDC Ltd and J&K Minerals Ltd.
The project envisages setting up of 30,000 tonnes per annum Dead Burnt Magnesia Plant at Panthal, Katra, officials said, adding that the product will be consumed by refractory manufacturers for use in steel plant, cement plant.
The activities of the project are being monitored by SK Nag, project Manager JKMDC and SA Rafiqui Assistant Project Manager JKMDC.
The approval cost of the project is Rs 143 crore which may likely to go up to Rs 190 crore, they said.
This project will generate employment direct and indirect within the area and is likely to be commissioned by December 2015.
Speaking on the occasion, Kichloo said industrialisation is the most powerful tool for massive economic development and employment generation.
He said exploitation of industrial opportunities is being fast tracked keeping in view of huge requirement for employment and economic development.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata