Maintain strict vigil during New Year celebration: IGP
Jammu: A top official of Jammu and Kashmir Police on Friday asked the personnel to maintain high level of vigilance during New Year celebrations in the city.
Reviewing the security situation here, Inspector General of Police (IGP), Jammu Zone, Dilbagh Singh said police should maintain tight vigil so that the new year celebrations pass off peacefully.
He also directed that special alert should be maintained alongwith the border in liaison with other security forces.
The police officials were also asked to guard against the "anti-social and anti-national" elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt