Maintain strict vigil during New Year celebration: IGP
Jammu: A top official of Jammu and Kashmir Police on Friday asked the personnel to maintain high level of vigilance during New Year celebrations in the city.
Reviewing the security situation here, Inspector General of Police (IGP), Jammu Zone, Dilbagh Singh said police should maintain tight vigil so that the new year celebrations pass off peacefully.
He also directed that special alert should be maintained alongwith the border in liaison with other security forces.
The police officials were also asked to guard against the "anti-social and anti-national" elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?