Major administrative reshuffle in J&K
Jammu: In a major administrative reshuffle, the Jammu and Kashmir government on Saturday transferred 38 officers, including 14 IAS officials, in the state.
The Cabinet, which met here today under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, approved the transfers and postings of 38 officers in administration, an official spokesman said here.
Sixteen officials were transferred and posted as District Development Commissioners (DDCs) of various districts in the state.
Among the prominent IAS officials reshuffle, Sonali Kumar, IAS, Financial Commissioner (Coordination), J&K Government, New Delhi, has been transferred and posted as Principal Resident Commissioner, J&K Government, New Delhi, the spokesman said.
The post has been declared equivalent in rank and status to that of Financial Commissioner, till it is held by Kumar.
Vinod Kaul, IAS, Secretary, ARI & Trainings Department, has been transferred and posted as Secretary, Revenue Department replacing BA Runiyal (IAS), who was posted as Chairman, J&K Special Tribunal.
GH Tantray, IAS, Secretary, Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs, has been transferred and posted as Secretary, ARI and Trainings Department, he said
Satish Nehru, IAS, Managing Director, JKTDC has been transferred and posted as VC, Jammu Development Authority replacing Sarita Chauhan, who has been transferred and posted as MD, J&K Handloom Development Corporation.
Farhat Tasneem, Special Secretary, Department of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs, has been transferred and posted as Secretary, Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs.
Parvez Malik, IAS, Special Secretary, Planning and Development Department, has been transferred and posted as Director, Command Area Development Department, Jammu.
Saugat Biswas, IAS, Deputy Commissioner, Rajouri, has been transferred and posted as Additional Secretary, PHE, Irrigation and FC Department, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city