Major administrative reshuffle in J&K
Jammu: In a major administrative reshuffle, the Jammu and Kashmir government on Saturday transferred 38 officers, including 14 IAS officials, in the state.
The Cabinet, which met here today under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, approved the transfers and postings of 38 officers in administration, an official spokesman said here.
Sixteen officials were transferred and posted as District Development Commissioners (DDCs) of various districts in the state.
Among the prominent IAS officials reshuffle, Sonali Kumar, IAS, Financial Commissioner (Coordination), J&K Government, New Delhi, has been transferred and posted as Principal Resident Commissioner, J&K Government, New Delhi, the spokesman said.
The post has been declared equivalent in rank and status to that of Financial Commissioner, till it is held by Kumar.
Vinod Kaul, IAS, Secretary, ARI & Trainings Department, has been transferred and posted as Secretary, Revenue Department replacing BA Runiyal (IAS), who was posted as Chairman, J&K Special Tribunal.
GH Tantray, IAS, Secretary, Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs, has been transferred and posted as Secretary, ARI and Trainings Department, he said
Satish Nehru, IAS, Managing Director, JKTDC has been transferred and posted as VC, Jammu Development Authority replacing Sarita Chauhan, who has been transferred and posted as MD, J&K Handloom Development Corporation.
Farhat Tasneem, Special Secretary, Department of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs, has been transferred and posted as Secretary, Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs.
Parvez Malik, IAS, Special Secretary, Planning and Development Department, has been transferred and posted as Director, Command Area Development Department, Jammu.
Saugat Biswas, IAS, Deputy Commissioner, Rajouri, has been transferred and posted as Additional Secretary, PHE, Irrigation and FC Department, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured