Major among 2 army men injured in mine blast in Poonch
Jammu: A Major was among two armymen who were injured on Thursday in a mine blast along the LoC in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
One jawan accidentally stepped on a mine in Shamla belt of Bhimbher Gali forward area of Poonch district resulting in the blast this evening, Defence spokesman said tonight.
The jawan sustained injury in his leg while the officer suffered minor splinter injuries, he said adding the duo have been shifted to hospital where they are stated to be out of danger.
The injured armymen have been identified as Major (first name not immediately available) Bhatia of Engineers and Naik Sukhdev Singh of 7-Sikh regiment, reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued