Major among 2 army men injured in mine blast in Poonch
Jammu: A Major was among two armymen who were injured on Thursday in a mine blast along the LoC in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
One jawan accidentally stepped on a mine in Shamla belt of Bhimbher Gali forward area of Poonch district resulting in the blast this evening, Defence spokesman said tonight.
The jawan sustained injury in his leg while the officer suffered minor splinter injuries, he said adding the duo have been shifted to hospital where they are stated to be out of danger.
The injured armymen have been identified as Major (first name not immediately available) Bhatia of Engineers and Naik Sukhdev Singh of 7-Sikh regiment, reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof