Major among 2 army men injured in mine blast in Poonch
Jammu: A Major was among two armymen who were injured on Thursday in a mine blast along the LoC in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
One jawan accidentally stepped on a mine in Shamla belt of Bhimbher Gali forward area of Poonch district resulting in the blast this evening, Defence spokesman said tonight.
The jawan sustained injury in his leg while the officer suffered minor splinter injuries, he said adding the duo have been shifted to hospital where they are stated to be out of danger.
The injured armymen have been identified as Major (first name not immediately available) Bhatia of Engineers and Naik Sukhdev Singh of 7-Sikh regiment, reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Libyan forces clash with militants in Sirte, 14 dead: Official
- Rahul Gandhi reacts to NSG setback: 'How to lose a negotiation by PM Narendra Modi'
- Pope denounces Armenian `genocide` in Yerevan visit
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in
- Poland National Championships 2016: Quarter-miler Mohd. Anas sets new national record