Major fire at Srinagar Secretariat, probe ordered
Zee Media Bureau
Srinagar: A massive fire broke out at Srinagar Secretariat early morning on Thursday. However, no loss of live was reported in the incident.
According to eye witnesses, the fire broke out at 9.30 am and it soon spread to the Record Room of the secretariat building.
As many as 12 fire tenders were immediately rushed to the spot to douse the fire, which has now been contained as per latest reports.
No official or staff was inside the building when the fire broke out.
Though the cause of fire is yet to be ascertained, the state government has ordered an inquiry into the incident.
Building on fire at Secretariat compound is adjacent to main Secretariat department which houses the state’s Chief Minister`s office.
In his reaction to the incident, J&K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah tweeted, “The cause of the fire & the extent of the damage, particularly of records stored in these offices will take some time to assess.”
Every department is trying to save its own set of records, he further tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional