Major fire at Srinagar Secretariat, probe ordered
Zee Media Bureau
Srinagar: A massive fire broke out at Srinagar Secretariat early morning on Thursday. However, no loss of live was reported in the incident.
According to eye witnesses, the fire broke out at 9.30 am and it soon spread to the Record Room of the secretariat building.
As many as 12 fire tenders were immediately rushed to the spot to douse the fire, which has now been contained as per latest reports.
No official or staff was inside the building when the fire broke out.
Though the cause of fire is yet to be ascertained, the state government has ordered an inquiry into the incident.
Building on fire at Secretariat compound is adjacent to main Secretariat department which houses the state’s Chief Minister`s office.
In his reaction to the incident, J&K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah tweeted, “The cause of the fire & the extent of the damage, particularly of records stored in these offices will take some time to assess.”
Every department is trying to save its own set of records, he further tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'