Major fire at Srinagar Secretariat, probe ordered
Zee Media Bureau
Srinagar: A massive fire broke out at Srinagar Secretariat early morning on Thursday. However, no loss of live was reported in the incident.
According to eye witnesses, the fire broke out at 9.30 am and it soon spread to the Record Room of the secretariat building.
As many as 12 fire tenders were immediately rushed to the spot to douse the fire, which has now been contained as per latest reports.
No official or staff was inside the building when the fire broke out.
Though the cause of fire is yet to be ascertained, the state government has ordered an inquiry into the incident.
Building on fire at Secretariat compound is adjacent to main Secretariat department which houses the state’s Chief Minister`s office.
In his reaction to the incident, J&K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah tweeted, “The cause of the fire & the extent of the damage, particularly of records stored in these offices will take some time to assess.”
Every department is trying to save its own set of records, he further tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!